I'm closing this bug and setting it as a duplicate of
https://bugs.launchpad.net/snapd/+bug/1917348

There are several issues related to NFS and remote filsystems in
general, and we will be tackling them one at a time.

   NFS access not permitted for snap's on LDAP autofs system

  snapd is not autofs aware and fails with nfs home dir

Status in snapd:
  Fix Released
Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in snapd package in Ubuntu:

  This is similar to bugs 1662552 and 1782873. In 1782873, jdstrand
  asked me to open a new bug for this specific issue.

  In 1662552, snapd fails for nfs mounted home directories as network
  permissions are not enabled. A work around was implemented that works
  if the mount is done via a /home mount at boot. However this does not
  work if people mount home directories via autofs. This is probably the
  fundamental problem for 1782873 although there may be other issues.

  [ Why use autofs? If some but not all of users want to use nfs homes.
  In particular, I have a local user on all my accounts that does not
  require the nfs server to be up or the kerberos server to be up, or
  kerberos working on the client machines, etc. It is very useful when
  something goes wrong. It means I mount /home/user rather than /home
  (for several users). ]