** Also affects: libwpe (Ubuntu Jammy)

Packages, which is subscribed to libwpe in Ubuntu.

  [MIR] libwpe

Status in libwpe package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in libwpe source package in Jammy:

  [Availability]
  The package libwpe is already in Ubuntu universe.
  The package libwpe build for the architectures it is designed to work on.
  It currently builds and works for architectures: amd64 arm64 armhf i386
ppc64el riscv64 s390x
  Link to package https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libwpe

  [Rationale]
  The package libwpe is required in Ubuntu main as a dependency of webkit2gtk.
The dependency is optional but the default upstream and in other distributions
and the only one upstream is really testing (turned out some of the issues we
had previous cycle are because we aren't using the default backend, which also
made a lower priority for upstream to work on fixes). Upstream is also planning
to deprecate the nonwpe codepath.

  - The package wpebackend-fdo is required in Ubuntu main no later than
  aug 25 due to feature freeze

  [Security]
  - No CVEs/security issues in this software in the past

  - no executables in `/sbin` and `/usr/sbin`
  - Package does not install services, timers or recurring jobs
  - Packages does not open privileged ports (ports < 1024)
  - Packages does not contain extensions to security-sensitive software

  [Quality assurance - function/usage]
  - The package works well right after install

  [Quality assurance - maintenance]
  - The package is maintained well in Ubuntu and Debian and has currently no
reports
    - Ubuntu https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libwpe/+bug
    - Debian https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=libwpe

  [Quality assurance - testing]
  - The package does not run a test at build time because upstream doesn't have
one. That's something we need to work on.
  BLOCKER ^

  If webkit2gtk is built with it as it default backend then the webkitgtk
autopkgtests are going to exercise wpe, is that enough?
  BLOCKER? ^

  We need to work on the testing story, backup plan is to write some
  manual test plans. It's likely that the test plan for wpebackend-fdo
  will cover the library.

  [Quality assurance - packaging]
  - debian/watch is present and works

  -- There is only one lintian warning

  # lintian --pedantic
  P: libwpe source: package-uses-old-debhelper-compat-version 12

  12 isn't that old but we will work on updating to 13

  - Lintian overrides are not present

  - This package does not rely on obsolete or about to be demoted packages.
  - This package has no python2 or GTK2 dependencies

  - The package will be installed by default, but does not ask debconf
  question

  - Packaging and build is easy, link to d/rules
  https://salsa.debian.org/webkit-team/libwpe/-/blob/master/debian/rules

  [UI standards]
  - Application is not end-user facing (does not need translation)

  [Dependencies]
  - No further depends or recommends dependencies that are not yet in main

  [Standards compliance]
  - This package correctly follows FHS and Debian Policy

  [Maintenance/Owner]
  - Owning Team will be desktop-packages
  - Team is not yet, but will subscribe to the package before promotion

  - This does not use static builds
  - This does not use vendored code

  - The package successfully built during the most recent test rebuild

  [Background information]
  The Package description explains the package well
  Upstream Name is libwpe
  Link to upstream project https://github.com/WebPlatformForEmbedded/libwpe