** Changed in: gnome-control-center

  Unnecessary Delays Recovering from Screen Lock

Status in gnome-control-center:
  Fix Released
Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:

  You can turn "Sreen Lock" off using gnome-control-center > Privacy >
  Screen Lock : Off:

  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-control-
  center/uploads/62e176ed49faf1defaf6e4a36ad86f77/ScreenLock.png

  **Side-note:** this is bad terminology because your screen will still
  go into the exact same state that "Screen Lock: On" accomplishes (upon
  an inactivity timeout), but the only difference is that you won't have
  to enter your password to regain access to the desktop. I would have
  named this "Require Password Authentication After Inactivity Timeout"
  (to me wordy is better than unclear).

  While this accomplishes "not having to re-enter your password when
  coming back from an inactivity timeout", I'm very dissatisfied with a
  couple of things.

  1) After reaching an "inactivity timeout" that "locks" your screen,
  you cannot unlock your screen by simply moving your mouse; you have to
  press the "enter" key. I want to be able to accomplish this also by
  moving my mouse.

  2) Even if you press the enter key, to come out of "lock mode", it
  takes too long before you can interact with the applications you had
  open. I expect this to be instantaneous! If I were coming out of a
  suspended state, I could understand some delay. However, I'm not
  coming out of a suspended state, I just coming out of a screen lock.

  I do not like how this works. The whole purpose of this, as far as I'm
  concerned, is to increase the lifespan of my display monitors. All I
  want this to do, when a inactivity timeout occurs, is turn off all my
  monitor, and the only delay I expect, when coming back to my desktop,
  is what ever delay my monitor causes; the desktop should be fully
  available even before my monitor starts to display the desktop again.

  Having to press Enter and waiting 5 or 10 seconds before I can start
  working is NOT something that anyone wants.

  Also, there should be separate setting for "blank screen x time", and
  "monitor power off after x time".

  My ideal settings would to make the screen go black after 5 minutes of
  inactively and to turn my monitors completely off after 15 minutes of
  inactively, and I'd like to control whether each of these requires
  password authentication or not. On the 5 minute one, I personally
  would note require a password, but I would require a password after
  monitor going off. However, on either of these, I expect the desktop
  to be fully functional immediately after coming out of these states.
  At the very least please remove these unnecessary delays.

  Package: gnome-control-center 1:3.34.1-1ubuntu2
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu8.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sat Nov  2 16:58:25 2019
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 19.10 "Eoan Ermine" - Release amd64 (20191017)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>