Yes, let's wait for glib2.0 to be ready first. I'm setting the block tag
now.

** Tags added: block-proposed block-proposed-kinetic

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-characters in Ubuntu.

  Update gnome-characters to 43.1

Status in gnome-characters package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in gnome-characters source package in Kinetic:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  NOTE TO SRU TEAM
  ================
  Please accept the glib2.0 SRU first. To enable the new feature to work best,
I have added a Build-Depends (which results in a Depends) on the new glib
version.

  Impact
  ------
  There is a new bugfix release in the stable 43 series

  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-characters/-/blob/43.1/NEWS

  This adds one new feature: new emoji and Unicode characters from
  Unicode 15.

  Test Case 1
  -----------
  Install the update
  Open the Characters app.
  Select an emoji character and click Copy Character
  Paste the emoji somewhere.
  You should see the emoji you pasted.

  Test Case 2
  -------------------
  Open the Characters app.
  Use the search feature to search for "moose"
  A moose emoji should show up. This is one of the new Emoji 15.
  https://blog.emojipedia.org/whats-new-in-unicode-15-0/

  (This is Test Case 3 (Extra) from https://launchpad.net/bugs/1999098)

  What Could Go Wrong
  GNOME Characters is part of GNOME Core and falls under the GNOME Stable
Release Update microrelease exception

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates/GNOME

  It is installed by default in Ubuntu Desktop and Ubuntu Budgie.

  Other Info