I see the icon size to be wrong: in my extension DashBar with Ubuntu's
panel height, the Proton bridge is 22 px height, much bigger than
Indicator's one that is supposed to be set at 22 px too in my setup.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell-extension-appindicator in
Ubuntu.

  [lunar] Settings are not applied

Status in gnome-shell-extension-appindicator package in Ubuntu:

  Hi Marco,

  When I change the extension's settings, I do not see any change (icon
  size, opacity, position, ...).

  Lunar Ubuntu session, ext version 53-1