This bug was fixed in the package gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock -
84ubuntu1

---------------
gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock (84ubuntu1) mantic; urgency=medium

  [ WhiredPlanck ]
  * Update Simplified Chinese translation
  * Update Traditional Chinese translation

  [ Marco Trevisan (Treviño) ]
  * New upstream release
  * Revert "dash: Compute number of icons easily and correctly to show the
    separator"
  * dash: Take in account the number of removed favorites to add the separator
  * docking: Always affect the input region when adding the dock (LP: #2022885)

  [ addieStarr ]
  * Fixed dash-js app issue

 -- Marco Trevisan (Treviño) <ma...@ubuntu.com>  Thu, 15 Jun 2023
22:51:34 +0200

** Changed in: gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock in
Ubuntu.

  ubuntu-dock v82 unresponsive to mouse clicks on Xorg unless at least
  one window is open

Status in Dash to dock:
  New
Status in gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock package in Ubuntu:

  After starting an application from dock and closing it dock becomes
unresponsive if no apps are open.
  I start an app from dock and then close it. click on any icon in the dock has
no effect. now I can start the dash with super+a and then start an app from the
dash or start the terminal with ctrl+alt+t
  now the dock works until an app (any app) is active. when I close all apps
dock becomes unresponsive again.

  Package: gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock 82ubuntu1
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Mon Jun  5 08:12:29 2023
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 23.10 "Mantic Minotaur" - Daily amd64 (20230521)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   SHELL=/bin/bash
   TERM=xterm-256color
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock