I haven't been able to reproduce this crash yet, but it looks like it's
related to monitors disconnecting during sleep mode (which is normal but
doesn't happen on all machines). So I will have to try more types of
monitors...

Packages, which is subscribed to mutter in Ubuntu.

  gnome-shell crashed with SIGSEGV in clutter_stage_view_get_onscreen()
  from meta_stage_impl_add_onscreen_frame_info() from
  add_onscreen_frame_info() from post_finish_frame() from
  try_post_latest_swap()

Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  The Ubuntu Error Tracker has been receiving reports about a problem regarding
gnome-shell.  This problem was most recently seen with package version
44.0-2ubuntu3, the problem page at
https://errors.ubuntu.com/problem/c675f1d61cef940571272d7e655162f1b1cddab1
contains more details, including versions of packages affected, stacktrace or
traceback, and individual crash reports.
  If you do not have access to the Ubuntu Error Tracker and are a software
developer, you can request it at http://forms.canonical.com/reports/.