I successfully completed the wiki test case with mutter 42.9-0ubuntu1 on
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS with the GNOME, GNOME Classic, Ubuntu and Ubuntu on
Xorg sessions.

I also successfully completed Extra Test Case 1.

Packages, which is subscribed to mutter in Ubuntu.

  Release mutter 42.9 to jammy

Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in mutter source package in Jammy:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  Impact
  ------
  There is a new bugfix release in the stable 42 series.
  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutter/-/blob/42.9/NEWS

  The overall GNOME project considers GNOME 42 to be end of life now and
  there are no more scheduled releases for mutter 42 after 42.9

  This is basically a prerequisite for GNOME Shell 42.9 LP: #2023913

  The current version of Mutter in Jammy is 42.5.

  Test Case
  ---------
  Complete the test case from

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/TestPlans/Mutter

  Extra Test Case 1
  -----------------
  This release also cherry-picks a patch to fix the prompt to enable
accessibility features using keyboard shortcuts.

  0. Install the updated mutter packages. Then log out and log back in.
  1. Open the Settings app (gnome-control-center)
  2. In the left sidebar, click Accessibility
  3. In the typing section, lick Typing Assist
  4. Turn on the first switch to enable turning accessibility features on and
off using the keyboard
  5. Close the Settings app
  6. Press the Shift key 5 or 6 times in a row
  7. You should see a system prompt about turning on Sticky Keys

  What Could Go Wrong
  -------------------
  Mutter is an essential component of the default Ubuntu desktop and for the
desktop used by Ubuntu Budgie.

  A severe enough bug could mean that people are unable to use their
  desktop version of Ubuntu.

  Smaller bugs could interrupt people's workflows.

  mutter is part of GNOME Core and is included in the GNOME micro
  release exception

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates/GNOME

  Other Info
  ----------
  Upstream assumes that people will be using matching versions of mutter and
gnome-shell. To be cautious, I therefore bumped the dependency version in GNOME
Shell 42.9 to require mutter >= 42.9 (even though GNOME Shell 42.9 appears to
run ok with Mutter 42.5). I believe the only way to make the dependency
relationship work the other way (not allow Mutter 42.9 with GNOME Shell 42.5)
requires bumping the Breaks version but I don't think it's worth using Breaks
unless necessary.

  This release will also enable AMD Xilinx/Mali support on Wayland. See
  https://ubuntu.com/download/amd-xilinx or private bug 1961563 or the
  42.6 release notes.