https://wiki.gnome.org/Design/OS/ParentalControls

It appears the feature is against their own intent, without PC
integration.

Packages, which is subscribed to totem in Ubuntu.

  Drop Channels feature?

Status in Totem:
  New
Status in totem package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu's default video app, Totem, includes a Channels tab with 3 web video
providers:
  - Apple Movie Trailers
  - Euronews
  - Rai.tv

  Screenshot attached.

  I recommend that we disable this feature because
  - These are somewhat obscure video sources

  - It can be unexpected to parents, school administrators, etc. for
  this app to be able to view web content

  - Perhaps most importantly, none of these 3 sources seemed to work today in
my clean Ubuntu 23.04 install.
  + Apple Movie Trailers worked after I installed the additional media support
which is offered in the Ubuntu installer (ubuntu-restricted-addons which
specifically installs gstreamer1.0-libav)
  + Based on the errors shown in my terminal, it looks like Euronews either
changed their API or it's no longer available.

  - If these channels can be broken and we aren't getting bug reports,
  are people actually even using this feature?

  Implementation
  This feature is enabled by some plugins shipped in totem's src/plugins . They
can be disabled by the meson build.

  Also, totem depends on grilo-plugins-0.3-base which provides
  supporting files. None of the plugins works if that dependency is
  removed.

  We would then also need to patch Totem to no longer show the Channels
  page in the Totem app.