Obsolete bug; Nautilus doesn't provide desktop icons anymore.

  desktop icons aren't aligned automatically in RTL languages (Hebrew,
  Arabic, Persian)

Status in Nautilus:
  Expired
Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  Hi all,

  In my Mom's computer the localization is in Hebrew, meaning that all menus,
folders, and Desktop icons are RTL.
  As an End-User, every time my Mom downloads something, or drags a
file/shortcut to the desktop, the icon doesn't align itself to the grid of the
other icons automatically, but instead "lands" in one area (usually the top
right).

  Yet, the bug doesn't stop there. If that icon is left there, the upcoming
icons that will be added to the desktop will land right on top of it, creating
a lovely stack as shown in the pic:
  http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/5637/bug1p.jpg
  http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/9945/bug2d.jpg
  (credits to Shezif for posting the pics..)

  Considering that many users prefer the localize system language, and
  not plain English, i hope this is solvable quickly..

  In any case, thanks in advance..

  Regards,

  Uri