This one really affects my productivity. It's not only terminal it's also slack
and some other apps.
Looking forward to @Daniel's PPA.
This also raises a question of testing upstream packages by Ubuntu team, as
clearly this wasn't tested in all possible usage cases. I understand not
everything can be tested in depth, but a bug of this magnitude needs to be
triaged ASAP and not in weeks time frame. It's bad for enterprise users, and
it's bad for all the newcomers. We decade old Ubuntu users are kinda used to
this situations, not happy but used to it.

Packages, which is subscribed to mutter in Ubuntu.

  Input lag or freezes on Nvidia desktops with X11

Status in Mutter:
  New
Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in mutter source package in Jammy:
  Triaged
Status in mutter source package in Mantic:
  Triaged
Status in mutter source package in Noble:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  [ Impact ]

  Input or the entire screen may freeze at times on systems using the
  Nvidia Xorg driver with GNOME.

  [ Test Plan ]

  0. Set up a desktop with Nvidia driver 545 or 550.
  1. Log into Ubuntu, ensuring it's a Xorg session.
  2. Open a Terminal, resize it vigorously, and type several lines of text.
  3. Verify that input never froze for any perceptible period of time.
  4. Run: journalctl -b0 | grep MetaSyncRing
  5. Verify the above command does NOT show messages such as:

  Window manager warning: MetaSyncRing: Sync object is not ready -- were events
handled properly?
  Window manager warning: MetaSyncRing: Sync object is not ready -- were events
handled properly?
  Window manager warning: MetaSyncRing: Sync object is not ready -- were events
handled properly?
  Window manager warning: MetaSyncRing: Too many reboots -- disabling

  [ Where problems could occur ]

  Anywhere in Nvidia (proprietary driver) Xorg sessions since that's the
  code being modified.

  [ Original Description ]

  There is a noticeable delay in input while using the native terminal.
  I belive it was caused by a recent software update, as this issue is
  relatively new.

  Package: ubiquity (not installed)
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 6.5.0-26.26~22.04.1-generic 6.5.13
  Uname: Linux 6.5.0-26-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia wl
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu82.5
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sat Mar 30 19:57:13 2024
  InstallCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/casper/vmlinuz file=/cdrom/preseed/ubuntu.seed
maybe-ubiquity quiet splash ---
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Release amd64
(20240220)
  SourcePackage: ubiquity
  Symptom: installation