I actually agree with Marco. If the fallback is GeoIP, maybe it's
premature to patch this out. GeoIP is "good enough".

  Disable location services in gnome-control-center

Status in gnome-control-center:
  New
Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in gnome-control-center package in Debian:
  Unknown

Bug description:
  Impact
  ------
  Mozilla Location Services will be closed to all third parties (including
Ubuntu, GNOME, KDE, etc.) on June 12, 2024.

  Unfortunately, there does not appear to be any suitable replacement
  for our typical desktop and laptop users. (Mobile devices like phones
  may have GPS that could be used but those devices would only rarely be
  using Ubuntu and gnome-control-center.)

  To avoid later UI changes and disruption only a few months from now,
  the Ubuntu Desktop team would prefer to disable location services
  before Ubuntu 24.04 LTS is released.

  Details
  -------
  Specifically, this hides
  - Privacy & Security > Location
  - Date & Time > Automatic Timezone
  - Displays > Night Light > Schedule > Sunrise to Sunset
    + This last one wasn't done yet, but I expect it for gnome-control-center
46.1 which will be an SRU
  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-control-center/-/issues/3014

  Other Info
  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-control-center/-/issues/2959

  gnome-control-center 46.1 to be released in a few days will also
  disable Location Services by default but with a build-time option for
  distros who have different deadlines and user profiles.

  If an alternative location provider is found that works well enough
  for our users, we intend to re-enable this feature with a Stable
  Release Update if possible.

  Because of this issue, Ubuntu has disabled the Location page in gnome-
  initial-setup for 24.04 LTS already.