** Attachment added: "Screenshot: ubuntu-bug opens Kate"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/2062415/+attachment/5767657/+files/ubuntu-bug.png

  Following a minimal install, installing Firefox does not create an
  icon

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  While testing Kubuntu Noble daily I chose a "minimal" install, which
  does not include a web browser.

  Afterwards I chose to install Firefox "sudo apt install firefox". This
  downloads snapd, the snap package and so on.

  When it is finished there is no icon in the program menu. (Screenshot)

  Also:

  I was going to log this separately but I suspect the cause is the
  same...

  When attempting to report this bug with "ubuntu-bug firefox" the
  application fails to open Firefox to continue, instead opening Kate
  with some HTML code (Screenshot).