So I tried it in a flatpak-installation of TB, too: At startup, all
mboxes are displayed just fine. But when I try to import the large mbox-
file by hand, it's also imported just partly and journalctl -f logs the
errors I just posted above.

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  TB Snap fails to import/display large mbox-file completely

Status in thunderbird package in Ubuntu:

  I use TB 115.10.1 (snap) since today, after a system upgrade of
  Lubuntu 23.10 to 24.04 via terminal. All was fine before the update. I
  use Pop, no Imap. Transition to TB snap seemed fine but one the
  various mbox-files was not properly imported/displayed. All attempts
  to properly import it by hand failed. The mbox-file is ~2.4 GB
  containing a large archive of e-mails from 2013 on, yet just ~1.4GB
  are displayed. When I try to import the file, it seems to start but
  then no e-mails are actually imported. So I see not all e-mails in my
  inbox (the last 3 years are missing). All my other mbox-files are much
  smaller - and they're all fine.