On 2023-11-21, Jörn Guy Süß wrote:

> Does anyone know how challenging it would be w.r.t. licenses to package ivy
> with the main Eclipse distribution? I feel having ivy on board would make a
> big difference to usability.

After now having an Eclipse installation I thought it would be easy to
find where the "main distribution" content may be, but no.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Eclipse already bundles several Apache projects
(commons projects would be my first bet) and many of the plugins
certainly depend on things that use the Apache Software License (as
Spring does, for example). I know some part ships XMLUnit (which I
maintain, Apache licensed as well) as the Eclipse legal folks once asked
me about it.

Legally there shouldn't be any problem AFAICT. Of course I'm not a lawyer.