I've got a good example, check out springworkflow ( sourceforge )
and it's chaining system.

http://www.competities.com/springworkflow/chaining.html

Chaining is quite frankly a pain with the existing model.

The (struts) design needs to be parred down in order to support
development according to more complex business requirement models.

--b