On 24/04/2024 17:52, Mark Thomas wrote:

<snip/>

My plan is to commit these changes to 11.0.x with the low risk parts (e.g. new methods) back-ported. Then, once we can see what is left, we can decide how quickly/slowly we want to back-port the complete fix to 10.1.x and 9.0.x (the issue was reported against 10.1.x).

All is looking good so far.

The complete refactoring has been applied to 11.0.x

10.1.x and 9.0.x have the new header parser and are using it for the ChunkedInputFilter.

The question is how long do we want to wait before back-porting the standard HTTP header parsing? Essentially this means back-porting this commit:

https://github.com/apache/tomcat/commit/e5acf2cf0f745350c85d81532826d92b1882469a

Thoughts?

I'm thinking wait at least one release cycle before back-porting just in case of regressions given that this affects every request.