On 07/05/2024 19:06, Michael Osipov wrote:
Folks,

I am working on a custom Authenticator and Realm where I need to pass down a custom value to Realm#authenticate(), more specially a value obtained from javax.security.auth.Subject#getPrivateCredentials(). Currently, there is no such facility in the interface. Any idea how to pass this down w/o touching the interface and w/o thread-local values? The only thing I can think of is a custom realm interface, but that means every realm needs to implement it...

Cast to your custom Realm in your custom Authenticator and then call any method you like? It sounds like the Realm and Authenticator are coupled together anyway.