On Thursday, 12 May 2016 21:36:53 UTC+1, Chris Peterson  wrote:
> Yes. Flash and Silverlight both have 64-bit plugins that work in 64-bit
> Firefox. Streaming video services will likely move their Firefox users
> from Silverlight to Widevine this year, so Silverlight usage will
> decline by EOY.

As Flash Player doesn't provide Protected Mode for 64-bit, we've enabled our
own sandbox.
Unfortunately this causes some regressions as the Flash DLL was never designed
to be sandboxed when run in process like this. We'd like to strengthen the
policy, but that breaks too many things.

So, we'd have to think carefully before deciding who we could move.

> On 5/12/16 1:10 PM, Ryan VanderMeulen wrote:
> > Flash installs the 32-bit and 64-bit plugin versions side by side
> > already (in System32 and SysWOW64, respectively), so I don't think
> > that's an issue here.

Confusingly the 64-bit version lives in System32 and the 32-bit version in
SysWOW64.
This is Microsoft's confusion not Adobe's.
SysWOW64 generally contains files used for running 32-bit binaries on 64-bit
Windows (WOW64 is Windows [32-bit] On Windows 64[-bit])
System32 is just a legacy naming hangover as I understand, because too many
application depended on it.