All,
Shouldn't the scope language for S/MIME certificates include the anyEKU and
the absence of an EKU?  In other words, shouldn't the second bullet of item
3 read, "an EKU extension of anyExtendedKeyUsage or id-kp-emailProtection, or
no EKU extension, and an rfc822Name or an otherName of type
id-on-SmtpUTF8Mailbox in the subjectAltName (i.e. an "email certificate")?
Thanks,
Ben