All,

When I started consulting for Mozilla in May of 2008, I had no idea that I
would end up running Mozilla’s root store for almost 16 years! Back then I
believed that the browser root store would become obsolete in a few years
as new solutions to web security were developed and widely adopted. I also
believed that working on the Firefox browser root store would be low-key,
non-stressful, and healthy for my brain.

As it turns out, my job was healthy for my brain, but it was not as low-key
as I had hoped. Interesting situations kept popping up that caught the
attention of various researchers and reporters, making the job a bit more
public-facing than I had envisioned. These situations and the many
negotiations involved in updating policies and requirements led to a few
sleepless nights as my brain continued working overtime. In the end, my job
turned out to be very rewarding, and along the way I was given the
privilege of working with lots of talented people from all over the world.

I truly appreciate all of the help, input, support, and encouragement that
so many of you provided to me throughout these years. You all are a big
part of the motivation behind me continuing to run Mozilla’s root store for
so long. I was also motivated by the belief that I was helping to keep the
web safe in an ever-changing threat landscape. I enjoyed working with you
all as we tackled the challenges facing the Web PKI.

I wish you all the best, and hope that you all will continue to help keep
the web safe for everyone! With my departure, Ben Wilson will continue on
as Owner of Mozilla's CA Certificates
<https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/All#CA_Certificates> and CA Certificate
Policy <https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/All#Mozilla_CA_Certificate_Policy>
modules. I am confident that he will continue to do a great job.

In my retirement years, which begin on February 29,  I look forward to
having fewer responsibilities and traveling more.

Best Regards,
Kathleen Wilson