Hi guys,

I'm loving the new 1.8 extension point functionality.

I'm working on a project which has multiple deployable components
("services") and has separate build and deploy scripts. I'd like to use
extension points to be able to write a single "descriptor" for any given
service in order to centralise the definitions of services which are
currently sprinkled liberally throughout the build and deploy scripts.

The problem I have is that some of the targets in the descriptor are
extensions of extension points in the build script (and are only used during
build) and some are extensions of extension points in the deploy script (and
are only used during deployment). Of course, this doesn't work because
ProjectHelper2 tries to verify the existence of an extension point during
project file parsing and which extension points are present is a function of
whether the importing script is the build script or the deploy script.

I've made some changes to add an "extension-point-missing" attribute which
takes values:

   - "error" - the current behaviour (and default if the attribute is
   missing)
   - "warn" - log a warning and ignore (see next)
   - "ignore" - don't stop or warn, and don't add the extension target as a
   dependency of the (non-existent) extension point

I'd like to submit this patch for consideration for Ant 1.8.2. How do I go
about doing that?

Thanks,

Danny.