On Thursday 16 August 2012, olli hauer wrote:
> My my intention comes from the FreeBSD ports system.
> We do not use the bundled apr/apr-util from apache, there we use
> apr / apr-util as own port. (Perhaps with apr-1.4.6 and
> apr-util-1.5 in a view weeks).
>
> This separation allows us to use an actual apr/apr-util and the
> user to build apr with different backends, but then we do not have
> enough information in the apache port to construct build params
> and dependency lists ...

I don't understand what problem you are trying to solve. The apache
port should not need any different build params or dependency lists
depending on which dbd backends are available. Having a dependency on
the apr-util port and calling apu-1-config should be enough. Or do you
have to list all of apr-util's dependencies in the apache port, too?