Thanks Andy, Jake and L.C.

> Note that I still had to set RUST_MIN_STACK to avoid a stack overflow. I
don't know if that is still expected.

Yes I do think that is still expected unfortunately and is consistent with
the 37.0.0 release[1] (we didn't change anything in 37.1.0 RC1 that would
alter this behavior unfortunately)

However, I am quite pleased that the overflow *is* fixed on main (what will
become 38.0.0), due to several improvements including [2].

Andrew

[1]: https://lists.apache.org/thread/lwdflob72q7t7mqqxnqcobjzqjbc218o
[2]: https://github.com/apache/arrow-datafusion/pull/10023