I think there is confusion about the Parquet "V2" (including the V2 data
pages, and other details) and the 2.x.y releases of the format library
artifact. They aren't the same unfortunately. I don't think the V2 metadata
structures (the data pages in particular, and new column encoding) is
widely adopted / readable.