Hey Dane,

Thanks for bringing this up again.

In the dev-list thread you referred to I hesitated to drop Java <17, but it
is time. We see several projects that are moving past Java 8, and in
the process are also dropping Java 11 since it is not supported anymore
<https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/java-se-support-roadmap.html>. I
echo'd this on the Iceberg dev list, and also suggested this with Avro 1.12
<https://lists.apache.org/thread/6vbd3w5qk7mpb5lyrfyf2s0z1cymjt5w>.

Kind regards,
Fokko

Op do 25 apr 2024 om 22:02 schreef Dane Pitkin <d...@voltrondata.com.invalid