Actually, i think this problem should be already raised by others, for it is
obvious enough. But i visited Calcite gitHub, and can not find issue list, so i
sent this email. Yes, Calcite is using Jira for issues, i got.

Given Calcite implements the interfaces of ResultSetMetadata, ResultSet and so
on, it should return the real columnName or columnLabel from SQL, not the
parsing expr(?) which is somewhat... strange to users. When i first got the
result `EXPR$0`, i doubted whether my program went wrong?

Recently, i am exploring Calcite, and i’d like to do some contributions to
Calcite community if i can. But.. for a new one, it seems difficult.

Regard,
Trista

 Juan Pan

panj...@apache.org