Hello everyone,

I am experimenting with rules and volcano optimiser lately and I am facing
something weird. I run my code through Intellij IDE. The databases are set the
same way in both machines and since I care only about query rewriting for now I
just read the table schemas from the databases; I do not execute anything.

The same code on one machine runs 10 times slower than on the other machine.

* I tried to rule out that the IDE is not the problem, so I installed the same
versions and picked the exact same vmoptions.
* The database schemas are the same, thus I do not believe it is related with
the underneath sources.

Is it possible that calcite uses all the threads available on one machine while
running only on thread the other?

If you have any recommendations, they are more that welcome!

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Makis