Now that Avatica 1.16.0 is just about to be wrapped up, it's time to talk about the next release for Avatica-Go, 5.0.0.

Most of the changes are already in place and I will add Avatica-1.16.0 as a test target.

This release will be a major release because there will be some breaking changes to the DSN (connection string) as some parameters were removed. These parameters were moved to a struct to allow the setting arbitrary connection properties when opening a connection to Avatica.

I plan to have rc0 available for voting within the next couple of days.

Francis