Upon finalizing the release for Avatica 1.16.0, I noticed that the dockerfiles would not build on docker hub. Upon investigation, it appears that the file names of the jars on nexus has changed slightly.

The current dockerfiles [1] references https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/public/org/apache/calcite/avatica/avatica-standalone-server/${AVATICA_VERSION}/avatica-standalone-server-${AVATICA_VERSION}-shaded.jar

Where as on nexus, they are now called avatica-standalone-server-${AVATICA_VERSION}.jar.

- Can anyone confirm if the avatica-standalone-server-${AVATICA_VERSION}-shaded.jar and avatica-standalone-server-${AVATICA_VERSION}.jar.
jars are suppose to be equivalent?

- Since the docker images for 1.16.0 cannot be built, I think we ought to fix the dockerfiles and release a 1.17.0.

Francis

[1] https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/tree/master/docker/src/main/dockerhub