Yeah Stamatis, I know that as I can see the github page for linq4j that
lots of task is in Backlog and Link-To-SQL Provider is one of them
But the intention of the project is to make java objects as Queryable talk
to DB.

Expressions and various Statement used in linq4j is to generate the
different constructs like where filter, join to talk the back-end systems
as Sql Queries.

But what about the normal While loop and If then else statements which is
not used in the Query-able objects .
Example could be below:

LOOP
  SET heads = RAND() < 0.5;
  IF heads THEN
    SELECT 'Heads!';
    SET heads_count = heads_count + 1;
  ELSE
    SELECT 'Tails!';
    BREAK;
  END IF;
END LOOP;
SELECT CONCAT(CAST(heads_count AS STRING), ' heads in a row');

How  linq4j going to convert normal while and If then else java expressions
to sql query if they are not involved in computation of sql constructs like
in lambda expression of filter.

In one of the task in backlog I could see:
*In the prototype LINQ-to-SQL provider, write a simple rule to recognize a
select list and where clause and push them down to SQL.*

I believe it was never intended for procedural code right?

Thanks,
Ravi

--
Thanks,