Hi,

Is it possible for an adapter to leverage RexImpTable to handle
calculations?

>From RexImpTable I can get an Implementor for a given operation in a
RexCall, but then the implement method that would generate an expression,
takes a RexToLixTranslator. The RexToLixTranslator has a private
constructor, so I'm not sure how to get hold of one. I also couldn't find
any supporting prior art in the various adapters in the code-base.

Does my approach make sense, to want to use Calcite for
handling calculations across projects, filters & join conditions?

Context is that our database is a rule-engine that runs in-process - I want
to pass it arbitrary functions that could potentially wrap Linq
expressions, to implement a wider range of SQL backed by Calcite.

Regards,

Jon.