On Tue, 6 Dec 2022 at 22:28, Gilles Sadowski <gillese...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Homepage
>    https://commons.apache.org/
> contains inconsistent information: Some "(maven-central) badges" display
> a version number but the link points to another (usually older) one.  See e.g.
>  * RNG
>  * Geometry
>  * Imaging
>  * Numbers
>  * Compress
>  * Pool
>  * JCS
>  * Math
>  * Configuration
>  * Text
>  * Net
>  * ...

That's because the version data has not been updated in the relevant
status file.
RMs should ensure that the file is updated upon release.

The badges are generated dynamically from Maven Central metadata, so
are whatever the image.shields.io website thinks is the latest.

IMO these invisible dynamic queries go against the Privacy FAQ:

https://privacy.apache.org/faq/committers.html

I think it would be better to have a regular batch job to ensure the
status file is up to date and not rely on a 3rd party.