On 07/13/2015 04:00 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:
Apache-extras is a service managed by ComDev. Though we never provided any
commitment to support it.

However, many extras (most?) are used by  ASF PMCs and they need a solution to
the fact that Google Code is closing down. We are doing this with infra
resources for that reason (as a director you've seen the repeated requests from
some PMCs to find a resolution, you've also seen the responses to those
requests).

It's easier for Infra to move all projects rather than some projects. Hence the
current approach. Though you are correct, as noted on a different thread, that
the assumption all projects on extras belong to PMCs is likely flawed.
Unfortunately there is no easy way of identifying which are PMC owned and which
are not.

So here's an alternative approach. We (ComDev) send out a mail to PMCs
indicating that they need to great a ComDev issue if they want their project
moving. If they don't sign up they don't get moved.

We (ComDev) provide infra with a reduced list of projects to move and they run
the scripts for those projects.

I think I must have been watching all of these conversations (I know it's been going for more than a year) with a certain understanding that we were going to push everything onto volunteer labor rather than Infra. So, mea culpa for not paying close enough attention. Yes, I know that this has been discussed for *ages*.

I figured that what we, the ASF, were doing for these projects was negotiating with SF for the service/resources/whatever, not doing the actual migration. I figured either the projects themselves would do that work, or Roberto and his team at SF would do it.

--Rich

Sent from my Windows Phone