On 10/09/2015 06:30 PM, Greg Chase wrote:
> Sorry, what's retreating in this case? Is this related to conferences?

A retreat is a more intimate 'conference' for a smaller group of people.
It's meant as a more social gathering, although it can/will also have a
technical element. Some retreats are purely social, some have a
mentoring aspect to them. This could be, for instance, 30-40 ASF people
and 10-20 people from outside the ASF who were interested in getting to
know the ASF and how the Apache Way works (and maybe sponsor a bit of it
in return?).

Some suggestions (which I will elaborate on later) include a river tour
down the Danube or Mississippi with a medium sized group of
people...committing code whenever we hit a city with wifi ;)

But as I said, I'll elaborate on my ideas later on. I'd want to know we
have a large enough group to discuss it first.

With regards,
Daniel.

> On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 8:41 AM, Ross Gardler <ross.gard...@microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
>> A reasonable assumption I guess ;-)
>>
>> That list has never had significant eyes though and after so long will
>> have even less. If you want to revive things go where the eyes are. We know
>> there are plenty of folks interested in general community development here,
>> including lurkers looking for ways to help.
>>
>> I recommend staying here until people complain about the noise.
>>
>> Ross

>>> o.microsoft.com%2ffwlink%2f%3fLinkId%3d550987&data=01%7c01%7cRoss.Gard
>>> ler%40microsoft.com%7cb40a6630cd604e62906408d2d0bb8572%7c72f988bf86f14