Hi All

Initially the ASF as an organisation was planning to apply as a mentoring organisation for Google Season of Docs on behalf of all Apache projects but if accepted the maximum number of technical writers we could allocated is two. Two technical writers would probably not be enough to cover the potential demand from all our projects interested in participating.

We've received feedback from Google that individual projects can apply. I will withdraw the ASF application so that any Apache project interested can apply individually for Season of Docs and so have the potential of being allocated a technical writer.

Applications for Season of Docs is open now and closes on 23^rd April 2019. If your project would like to apply then please see the following link:

https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/get-started/

Good luck everyone!

Thanks
Sharan