On Thu, 2023-10-12 at 10:58 -0400, David Smiley wrote:
> Thanks Richard.  I'll take your response as a Director as overriding
> whatever confusion I have with the published rules.  I was hoping
> your
> perspective would somehow be evident in ASF published rules so that I
> wouldn't have needed to ask on ComDev.  Alas.

I think that, as with many ASF policies, policies are created to
address bad situations, rather than pre-emptively. This has never come
up that I'm aware of, and thus our policy never thought to address it.

So, yeah, we could stand to update that policy to reflect this
feedback. But FWIW, that's *my* policy, as VP Conferences, so whatever
confusion you have with it is *also* on me.

--Rich