Hi, Ibrahim! Most open source projects don't assign work like a job.
Contributors find the things that interest them and jump in to participate
on the things they'd like to work on. That gives you flexibility in the
time you spend volunteering as well as makes sure you're working on things
you're excited about.

It sounds like you're probably mostly interested in community building.
Take a look at https://community.apache.org/
<https://community.apache.org/working-groups/>, which includes a newcomers
guide <https://community.apache.org/newcomers/index.html> that might help
you get started. Rich suggested the working groups section there--the
correct link is https://community.apache.org/workinggroups/, which is also
a great place to dive in.

I'm not aware of any specific projects we have around industrial
psychology, and I suspect many of us aren't deeply familiar with what that
might include or what your specialty is. If you have suggestions about
things we're not doing that you think you could work in, we're happy to
listen!

Welcome!
Ruth