> On Apr 19, 2024, at 12:36 PM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Before diving into any changes to how the calendar is defined and
> maintained, I think it is vital to establish what is wanted from the
> calendar, both from the maintenance point of view and the user PoV.
>
> The existing calendar allows views by week, month and agenda (serial).
> One can move back and forth in the listings easily, and they can be
> downloaded and printed.
> Individual entries can be copied to one's personal calendar.
> Selecting an entry shows more information, with links to further details.
> There are probably more functions I have not considered.

Yes, that seems adequate.

FWIW, my minimum feature set is:

* Manage entries without having to edit ics files directly. (Details not
terribly important, If I could interact with it via gui, that would be nice,
but a simple text data format would be ok too.)
* Display events as a list (we already have this)
* Display events in a table-form calendar, so that overlaps/conflicts can be
clearly seen. Bonus for displaying major world holidays.
* Ability to subscribe via standard calendar application.
* Entries can indicate a location and a URL for more detail

It sounds like you have all of that covered in your list.