On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Filipe David Manana
<fdman...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> about 2 & 3 can we add indent rules on top of our sources from now ?
>> I think there is something common between vim and emacs for example.
>> That should solve such errors. I don't want to change my config each
>> time I'm using a project. Using such rules solves that automatically.
>>
>> Ex:
>>
>> %% -*- tab-width: 4;erlang-indent-level: 4;indent-tabs-mode: nil -*-
>> %% ex: ts=4 sw=4 et
>
> I don't mind. But that wouldn't fix 3)

I don't know why "whitespaces" are introduced. One sure things is
that's the only external code I edit where I have it, and I edit a lot
of code.

Having indentations rules force any editor to follow them (except
weird editors like textmate, which doesen't do it without a plugin),
which would be good. One other thing is to improve our code guidelines
and how we follow them.

- benoit.