Heya,

I'm in favour of the proposal. I recognise that there are a few things
that need to be refined, but I think what we have is good enough to get
going and refine as we go along.

With QA for example, it is up to the release master to judge whether a
release is good to go. If the community QA doesn't provide the required
results, the release master just won't do a release and thus, we hope,
encourage more QA :) Down the road, we might be able to formalise QA
more, so we have better strict criteria when a release can go. Ultimately
though, this is the release master's call.

In addition, I'd like to spend some time on automating some of the tasks
so that e.g. feature branches can be run through CI, so we have more
transparency into the state of a particular branch during development,
but I don't think that is a prerequisite to get this going :)

Cheers
Jan