Devs,

With 1.3.0 out, it is time we revisit these docs:

     http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Roadmap_Process

    http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Merge_Procedure

Our next bugfix release target is 1st May.

Our next feature release target is 1st July.

What do we need to do *now* to prepare for these?

Do we need to create release branches?

If yes, can we do it, and can we document it, so I can bake it into the
release procedure.

Do we need to communicate how to merge in work for the releases?

Remember we discussed (and sort of half documented in that second wiki
page) that to merge in code for a release, you have to do a VOTE on a
"merge request" to dev, and you have to include tests, and docs, and what
have you, and we do lazy consensus on it.

If we're serious about this release cadence (and I think we all are) then
we need to sort this stuff out ASAP, and communicate it, and actually put
it into practice.

I need your help though, because I am still learning Git, etc. So I am
hoping that a few of you can weigh in on the current state of the merge
procedure proposal, and maybe fix it up. Then, once we're happy with it, I
can do the DISCUSS/VOTE dance on dev@ and make this official.

I am super excited about this.

Thanks,

--