The merge on this turned out to be a lot more straightforward so I
think its probably the way to go. I've got a failing test in
couch_views_active_tasks_test but it appears to be flaky rather than a
merge error. I'll work though getting `make check` to complete and
then send another update.

https://github.com/apache/couchdb/tree/prototype/fdb-layer-final-merge
https://github.com/apache/couchdb/commit/873ccb4882f2e984c25f59ad0fd0a0677b9d4477