Hi Andrew,

> Sorry, if some of my questions are rather sophmoric

they aren't

> MAYBE I was asking for it...a little.

:)

> Regarding the open projects, I already read the posting. The User
> Administration task has a certain appeal to me..

Hmm, I would probably remove that one if I would update the page :). The
point is, there already is a user administration by now, it's just that
most underlying database drivers (on OOo side) do not support the
necessary API, so it's rarely used. It doesn't mean the dialog cannot be
reworked and improved, but the general functionality is there, it's just
too seldom offered by our drivers. Maybe adding it to the driver for the
embedded HSQLDB data would be an option, though I'm not sure if user
administration for this kind of database - self-contained, and not
capable of concurrent multi-user access - does make sense.

> but I will not have much time to devote between now and Octoboer.
> After that perhaps..*laughing*..how is that for non-committal.

Until then, I will probably have reworked the page, so perhaps you'll
find other interesting options :)
In general, we have a few ideas about smaller functionality which would
make the "self-contained database" feature more usable, which I'll add
there.

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Database                   http://dba.openoffice.org -