Hi all,

For some time now a few of the directory developers and I have been working on an open source project at Safehaus[0] called Mitosis[1].

Mitosis is a multi master replication product designed specifically for ApacheDS. It was a work sponsored by my company Solarsis Group LLC. which will be supplying the software grant for this product.

Mitosis's license is ASL 2.0 and the committers all decided that Apache Directory was the best place for it.

The Mitosis team members are listed below and each one of them is already an Apache Directory committer.

Trustin Lee
Alex Karasulu
Emmanuel Lecharny

Because the team is composed of existing Apache committers with CLA's on file, we would like to vote to import this project into the Directory TLP. See the Mitosis subversion repository[2] for more details.

Upon conclusion of this vote the proper software grant will be sent to the ASF secretary (if an import is the result) as agreed upon by the binding votes.

[ ] +1 Import Mitosis (as part of ApacheDS) into Directory
[ ] +/-0 Abstain
[ ] -1 Do not import Mitosis into Directory

Thanks,
Alex

-----
[0] - http://www.safehaus.org