Hi Timo,

I think this may not only affect  explain() method. Method
DataStreamRel#translateToPlan is called when we need translate a FlinkRelNode
into DataStream or DataSet, we add desired operators in execution environment.
By side effect, I mean that if we call DataStreamRel#translateToPlan on same
RelNode  several times, the same operators are added in execution environment
more than once, but actually we need that for only one time. Correct me if I
misunderstood that.

I will open an issue late this day, if this is indeed a problem.

Best,
wangsan