Thanks for joining the discussion Qingsheng. In general, I am not opposed
to upgrading our testing library to JUnit 5. Also, the idea of starting
with individual modules and do it incrementally sounds reasonable.

However, before starting to do it like this, the community should agree
that we want to replace JUnit 4 with JUnit 5 eventually. This does not mean
to rewrite all existing tests to use JUnit 5 but at least the default for
all new tests should be JUnit 5 at some point. Otherwise, I fear that we
will fragment the project into modules that use JUnit 5 and those that use
JUnit 4. If this happens then it becomes harder for people to work on the
code base because they always need to know which testing library to use in
which module.

Cheers,
Till