There's a related effort: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-21108

On 6/1/2021 10:14 AM, Till Rohrmann wrote:
Hi Gabor, welcome to the Flink community!

Thanks for sharing this proposal with the community Márton. In general, I
agree that authentication is missing and that this is required for using
Flink within an enterprise. The thing I am wondering is whether this
feature strictly needs to be implemented inside of Flink or whether a proxy
setup could do the job? Have you considered this option? If yes, then it
would be good to list it under the point of rejected alternatives.

I do see the benefit of implementing this feature inside of Flink if many
users need it. If not, then it might be easier for the project to not
increase the surface area since it makes the overall maintenance harder.

Cheers,
Till