Hi devs,

I'd like to bring up a discussion on cleaning up JIRA tickets of outdated
test instabilities. The topic was brought up in the recent 1.14 release
bi-weekly, where we have not come to a conclusion and decided to collect
more opinions from the wider community.

We currently have 184 open test instability issues [1], many of which never
happen again since reported or have not happened for a long time. Cleaning
such outdated issues would be helpful for understanding the project's build
stability with less distractions.

Two questions need to be answered.

1. How long does an instability not observed for do we consider it as
*outdated*? Maybe 3 or 6 months?

FYI, I did some statistics around the last reported date of the
instabilities.
- before 2021: 18
- Jan: 6
- Feb: 10
- Mar: 24
- Apr: 28
- May: 29
- Jun: 46
- Jul: 23

2. What should we do with outdated tickets? The easiest way might be simply
to close such issues. The closed issues can be reopened if reappeared
later. Alternatively, we can leave the issue open, potentially with minor
priority, until someone looks into it and makes a technical judgement that
it can be closed.

Please let me know what do you think.

Thank you~

Xintong Song