Dear devs,

A few days ago(April 9) we had our first
meeting for Flink 1.20 release cycle. I'd like to share the info
synced in the meeting.

1. Feature freezing and release:

   - Feature Freeze
   - June 15, 2024, 00:00 CEST(UTC+2)
      - Release
   - End of July 2024

2. Daily work divisions:

In general, every release manager will be working on all daily issues.
For some major tasks, in order to make sure there will at least always
be someone to take care of them, they have been assigned to specific
release managers[1]. If you need support in each of these areas,
please don't hesitate to contact us.

3. Update 1.20 Release page:

Flink 1.20 release has been kicked off. We'd like to invite you to
update your development plan on the release page[2].

4. Blocker Issues

There are currently 3 blocker issues. All of them have already been
assigned now. One worth highlighting is a performance regression
issue: FLINK-35040[3]. Rui is helping with the investigation.

The next release sync up meeting will be on April 23, 2024. Please
feel free to join us[4]!

Best regards,

Weijie, Rui, Ufuk and Robert

[1]